Marriage Case: Get Married with a Mainland Resident aged below 21
File a Marriage Notice & Get Married in Hong Kong - Yip Tse & Tang HK Lawyers & Civil Celebrant

Step by step to file marriage notice from overseas for marriage in Hong Kong

Enquiry: 82099999. Tel/WhatsApp 94899800
Fee: Marriage at our office in office hours: HK$1900.

If you are not in Hong Kong and wish to file your marriage Notice overseas, you have to observe the following steps:

  • The process involves 4 parties: 
    •  yourselves/marrying parties: to complete the oversea Notice form: (1) a copy of Notice of Intended Marriage form and (2) information sheet "Information Required for Registration of Marriage".
    • notary public at your location: to witness your signing of the Notice
    • we: submit the oversea Notice form to the Marriage Registry in Hong Kong
    • Marriage Registry: issue you the Certificate of Registrar, approving you may proceed to a marriage ceremony in Hong Kong

Steps you Take:

  1. contact us and instruct us to be your civil celebrant of marriages. You pay us an initial fee to start with the process.
  2. we shall email you the oversea Notice form.
  3. you complete the Notice form and have your signing witnessed by the Notary Public at your location
  4. you send the completed and notarised Notice form to us at Unit 3, 15/F, Yue Xiu Building, 160-174 Lockhart Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong by international courier or air mail 
  5. we submit the completed and notarized Notice for you the the Marriage Registry
  6. Both of you should, after your arrival at Hong Kong, attend the Marriage Registration and Records Office, Marriage Registry within office hours, bringing along your travel documents and originals of the documents which you have submitted earlier. The party giving the Notice should make an affidavit before the Registrar that there is no impediment of kindred or affinity or any other lawful hindrance to the marriage. Thereafter, the Marriage Registry will issue to you the Certificate of Registrar of Marriages. Address: 3/F, Low Block, Queensway Government Offices, 66 Queensway
    Hong Kong. 
  7. you pass us the Certificate of Registrar of Marriage to prepare your wedding ceremony.
  8. we act as your civil celebrant of marriages to hold the wedding ceremony
  9. we pass you the Marriage Certificate completing the entire marriage process.